Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Meet Angel and Joy!

Hello fellow Compassion sponsors and correspondents! You may remember recently that I wrote about one of my correspondent kids, Jose, leaving Compassion's program. I have now found out this was because his family has moved to an area where there is no Compassion project. I asked Compassion Canada to put me on the waiting list to write to another child whose sponsor cannot write, and figured that as usual it would take months before I was assigned a new child.

But today I logged on to MyCompassion and found this sweet face!


This little boy is Angel. He is 4 years old, and his birthday is December 22 (really close to Christmas!). He lives in Columbia with his mother. He is in kindergarten and likes riding a bicycle and playing soccer. He lives in a relatively small community where the main language is Spanish. I can't wait to write to him and get to know him!

I would like to introduce you to one more little boy today. Generally I am pretty invincible to "Sponsoritis" these days (a term some of us use to describe wanting to sponsor every adorable face we see on Compassion's website) but I can't seem to stop thinking about this child. I am completely broke and cannot sponsor him unless something changes drastically soon, but thought I should introduce you to him here:


This little boys' name is Sanyu, and he is from Uganda. His name means "Joy" in his local language. I know this because one of the children I worked with in the Asante Children's Choir was also named Sanyu. This little boy is 3 years old, and his birthday is in March. He lives with his father and mother and there are 6 children in the family. He likes art, playing with cars, and telling stories. He has been waiting 177 days for a sponsor. If you would like to learn more about Sanyu, you can find his profile on Compassion Canada's website. 

No comments:

Post a Comment